How do I love thee, let me count the ways. (I used to have a Garfield shirt that said "Living for the weekend!" I now know the truth behind those words. Though I try to enjoy my weeks as well.)
Work is work. I don't like it much right now. It's in the "blehs." Slow. Some projects. Not very into the one I'll be working on. It's been a pain in the ass from the beginning. And it still hasn't fully gotten under way.
On the creative side of things, I've been flexing my writing muscle with little 50 word ficlets over on deviantart. They're short enough that I could stand to fit in a handful or more throughout the work day. I've a few more I want to write for the prompt: savage.
This week I've also been poking at a couple of random slices of fiction. One from the 24 Hour Prompt Chart (specifically, 4 a.m.), which is post-apocalyptic in theme and written in 2nd person (not something I usually do). The other is branching off from a piece of random dialogue I had filter through my brain some time back. And it's taking on a beauty of the beast kind of vibe.
Haven't done much more with the short story that bubbled up a few weekends ago. That's also on my plate for this weekend. I think I've got my form figured out for the most part--there's some lengthy flashing back, so it's boggled my mind a little how to get through smooth transitions. Will probably still need changing as I continue. For the most part, I know the story from beginning to end, which is a nice change of pace.
This weekend, I think I'll also set myself a goal of firming up possible submission of one or two of my flash fiction pieces. I'd like to have something else out there percolating as I wait for word on the Glimmertrain submission.
In other news...this picture makes me really happy. (Like, sit here with a Cheshire grin on my face happy.) Pretty and feral and grrr. Yes.

ETA: In fact, I've now set it as my wallpaper on my desktop at work.
Work is work. I don't like it much right now. It's in the "blehs." Slow. Some projects. Not very into the one I'll be working on. It's been a pain in the ass from the beginning. And it still hasn't fully gotten under way.
On the creative side of things, I've been flexing my writing muscle with little 50 word ficlets over on deviantart. They're short enough that I could stand to fit in a handful or more throughout the work day. I've a few more I want to write for the prompt: savage.
This week I've also been poking at a couple of random slices of fiction. One from the 24 Hour Prompt Chart (specifically, 4 a.m.), which is post-apocalyptic in theme and written in 2nd person (not something I usually do). The other is branching off from a piece of random dialogue I had filter through my brain some time back. And it's taking on a beauty of the beast kind of vibe.
Haven't done much more with the short story that bubbled up a few weekends ago. That's also on my plate for this weekend. I think I've got my form figured out for the most part--there's some lengthy flashing back, so it's boggled my mind a little how to get through smooth transitions. Will probably still need changing as I continue. For the most part, I know the story from beginning to end, which is a nice change of pace.
This weekend, I think I'll also set myself a goal of firming up possible submission of one or two of my flash fiction pieces. I'd like to have something else out there percolating as I wait for word on the Glimmertrain submission.
In other news...this picture makes me really happy. (Like, sit here with a Cheshire grin on my face happy.) Pretty and feral and grrr. Yes.
ETA: In fact, I've now set it as my wallpaper on my desktop at work.